The Objectives of TrustVehicle are:
- Systematic identification of critical road scenarios for the currently available AD systems, with special focus on the uncertainty associated with the behaviour of other road users and the sensor fusion system of the ego vehicle.
- Controllers and sensor fusion systems capable of dealing with complex, uncertain and variable road scenarios, for enhanced road safety.
- Development and demonstration of intuitive human machine Interfaces (HMIs) for the safe management of the transition phases between purely automated driving and human driving, taking into account user acceptance and gender specific aspects.
- Development and demonstration of new tools for the cost- and time-effective assessment of vehicle and driver behaviour in complex mixed-traffic scenarios.
- Evaluation of L3AD functions and vehicle tailoring.